Highly Sensitive Data (PHI/PII) storage
If you plan on storing highly sensitive data such as PHI or PII, UVA Health System offers a secure encrypted storage for Health System affiliated researchers, students, and staff. "DropBox Sookasa" is a free cloud-based service hosted on Dropbox that can be accessed over the internet on any device. Highly sensitive data such as a HIPAA compliant dataset or PHI/PII must be stored in a Sookasa folder. It can be used to share files between Health System users.
User ManualTo read more details about the service, please refer to Health System IT's official documentation on Dropbox Sookasa by clicking on this link.
Requesting your DropBox account
You have to make a request to Health System IT in order to gain access to the UVA HS DropBox Sookasa service.
- Click here to access the request form on the HIT website
- Login using your Health System username and password
- Click on the green colored "Account Request" icon
- Underneath the System menu select "Dropbox"
- Underneath the Role menu select the "Standard Account"
- Fill in your computing ID, and HS email address. You may check "smart select" to verify if your ID is properly entered
- Click "Add to Cart"
- Click "Checkout" after entering any comments about your request
Non-sensitive cloud desktop backup
CrashPlan is a cloud-based desktop backup service. It securely backs up your endpoint devices to the cloud. CrashPlan provides:
- Cloud storage for backup of up to 4 endpoint devices per user
- Protection against crypto-ransomware and other malicious software that destroys/encrypts content on end-user’s devices
- Protection of University data on endpoint devices from loss due to hard drive failure, computer failure, etc.
CrashPlan is currently offered at no cost to the University community until June 30, 2018. After that, the cost model/fee structure will be determined for continued use of the service. During this this initial phase, the system has a per-user quota of 250GB. If you need more space and have a valid use case, please contact ITS via the link below.